Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mattese Elite Stardust Powders

Top: Purple Haze, Left: Kaleidoscope, Right: Glitzy

Purple Haze
Kaleidoscope

Glitzy
These powders were my first purchase from the member-only site Haute Look. If you want to check it out, follow this invite link: http://www.hautelook.com/short/3CkaV and sign up!They have really great beauty deals (and other great stuff) every day! They also have and iPad app which I find to be really handy. I have since purchased two other things from them that I will talk about later. You really get a good deal on this stuff. I got each of these for $5! Check it out!


Anyways, I was a little surprised when I got these. First of all, I live on the east coast and Haute Look is on the west coast so shipping took forever. I don't mind though because you never know when your package is going to come (awesome surprise) and the prices are so good. The second surprise was the color. (For the record, I do not blame Haute Look in any way for this. This was all the fault of Mattese Elite. I checked their website and the pictures were inaccurate there as well). The pictures of the products were nothing like the colors I received. Purple Haze was darker than it looked on the site, Glitzy is bronze when on the site it looked like a champagne, and Kaleidoscope appeared to be a light brown when in truth it's a rust with green duo-chrome. I do like the colors that I received, but I feel like I would enjoy them that much more if I had received the colors I thought I was going to receive. 


Anyways, on to the review. These products are similar to MAC pigments (not quite the same quality wise but very similar). The difference in packaging is that these have a plastic sifter on them. This does not mean that the powder will be prevented from spilling everywhere if you let them free in a travel bag. These powders are best stored in an upright position to ensure cleanliness (I wish someone had forewarned me!). You also really need to use a primer with these or wear them wet. When swatched, it is easy to just rub the colors off.


Purple Haze is a very pretty deep purple with blue, purple, and silver micro glitter. This shade would look nice dusted very lightly over the lid, used more concentrated in the crease or the outer lid, or used wet as a liner. 


Kaleidoscope is probably the most difficult to pull off but the most fascinating to look at. As I said earlier, it is a rust color with a green duo-chrome. It has green and blue micro glitter. As a lid color it would probably be best for a night time look or on dark skin tones. For the day time it makes a nice outer lid or crease color. 


Glitzy is a very vivid bronze with gold micro glitter. It is probably the most wearable of the bunch, but you need to be careful when applying it or everything will end up way too bronzed. This is definitely a lid color though. 


I'm not blown away by these products but I like them. I'm not sure I would buy any more of these unless they were $5 again. I definitely won't trust the color options though. 


Please leave questions and comments and subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment