Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Stila Beach Palette Number 5: Living the Life in Laguna


Top row from left: Sand Dollar and Sunset, Second row: Cove and Bonfire, Third row: Seashell, Bottom Row: Pacific Coast Highway

Top row from left: Sand Dollar and Sunset, Second row: Cove and Bonfire, Third row: Seashell, Bottom Row: Pacific Coast Highway
I have to admit, of all the Stila Beach palettes, I was most hesitant to try this one. This is probably a surprise considering what Wonderful in Waikiki looks like. I have always been under the belief that wearing pink on you eyelids makes you look like you are diseased, and this palette is full of pinks. The colors, while gorgeous, scare the living daylights out of me. But I was wrong. My best friend Becca got this palette a while before I did. A couple times I noticed how beautiful her eye make-up was and told her. It was always when she was wearing the colors from this palette. After I bought it, I wore it to work. I received two compliments on my make-up that day from two different people. So I got over my fear and started loving this palette.

So the first color, Sand Dollar, is a light ink with silver sparkles. The second color, Sunset, (my personal favorite) is a metallic dark pink with rosy sparkles. The third color, Cove, is a purple with pink sparkles. The final eyeshadow, Bonfire, is a dark brown with pink sparkles. They are really pretty!

Now on to the blushes. In my opinion, they look almost the same and don't really have a lot of pigment. Seashell is a light pink with silver sparkles and Pacific Coast Highway is a hair darker and more peachy with silver sparkles. On my very red skin they don't really show up at all.

Will you be daring and try this? Leave me a comment and subscribe!

3 comments:

  1. I used to feel the same, but the PixiGlow Palette by Pixi changed my mind - when I used the pink shade in there, it was the nicest i've ever seen my eye make up look!
    Love your blog - following now!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much! i was hesitant about getting this palette at first, but thanks to your review, I feel kind of relieved ^-^ still waiting for my Stila to come~

    ReplyDelete