Sunday, May 20, 2012

NYX Round Lipsticks

Margarita, Christie, Haute Melon, Tea Rose, Spellbound, Snow White

Margarita, Christie, Haute Melon, Tea Rose, Spellbound, Snow White

Margarita, Christie, Haute Melon, Tea Rose, Spellbound, Snow White
I've heard so much about these lipsticks that I had to try some for myself. Unfortunately, the swatches on NYX's website, Ulta's website, and Cherry Culture are all inaccurate color wise. This is something that happens frequently with lipstick swatches and it is very frustrating. Instead of swatching each color on the site, the company takes a picture and then digitally alters it to an approximation of the color. This is usually inaccurate color wise, and it doesn't show frosted colors, duochromes, or shine. Because of this, I usually prefer to buy lipstick in a store. Unfortunately, I don't have a store that sells NYX products (other than my Urban Outfitters which sometimes carries NYX palettes) anywhere near me. What I ended up doing was looking up the round lipstick swatches in YouTube Videos and on other blogs. I would look up a certain color multiple times on different skin tones to see how it looked. This proved to be the most effective way to search for good colors.

As for the colors I purchased, Margarita is a coral with a lot of frost. I would prefer there to be less frost but I still like the color a lot. Christie is very light pink with frost. Usually a color like Christie would make me look pretty trashy but Christie looks quite nice. The next color is Haute Melon. Haute Melon is like Margarita except it comes off matte and has no frost. This one is tricky. It feels pretty waxy and drying when I apply it so I prefer to layer a gloss over it. I really like the color though and for $4 I can't really complain. Tea Rose is my favorite of all the colors I purchased. It's a my lips but much better color on me and it is very creamy. That will probably be the first that I run out of. Spellbound is a deep pink. It is very creamy and while it is bright, it is still a wearable color for every day. Finally, I have to admit that I purchased Snow White because of all the Snow White hype that has been happening lately. Also the swatches looked really good on everyone else. Snow White is dark, super dark. I wore it in my April favorites video. If I have the right eye look going on, I can either look like a Disney villain or a film noir damsel. This is definitely a night time lipstick, but it is fun to play with.

I hope to get more and more of these lipsticks. It would be awesome to find a store near me that sells them so I can witness them in person!

Please leave questions and comments and subscribe!

4 comments:

  1. I love NYX lipsticks :D

    http://essentialsinbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a great indeed job. Thank you so much for sharing some great ideas of with us, they are helpful.

    If you are looking for Beauty Products at reasonable rates then visit our website www.saintgermainmakeup.com, we are the No.1 ledaing comapny in USA & Canada for providing any type of Beauty Products.

    Buy Lipstick & Best Lip Gloss

    ReplyDelete