Sunday, June 3, 2012

Show Your School Colors!

As you may know from my previous post, I graduated with an Associates Degree yesterday. I thought it would be fun to do a post showing the colors of various schools on my friend's eyes. Now to do these looks, I primarily used the ELF 100 shadow palette which has SO MANY COLORS. On my friend Leslie, I used the Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow in Too Cool as a base as none of the whites in the palette were opaque enough.

First up we have my sister Maddy. The colors of our local High School are green and blue. I thought this would be a fun way for her to show school spirit at her sports games and pep rallies. As you can see, I used blue all over her lid and green in the crease and outer corner. I didn't blend the two shadows much as I wanted them to stand out individually.

My best friend Becca attends the University of Guelph in Ontario Canada. Their school colors are gold, red, and black. I lined her eyes heavily with black, covered her lids in the gold color, and blended red into the crease. This gave her a pretty fiery look, perfect for school spirit (or Gryffindor fans).

This patriotic look was the most difficult to come up with. My best friend Leslie attends American University in Washington D.C. When making half an eye red and the other half blue didn't work, I gave her a look similar to the one on Becca, but I lined her eyes with the blue. The Maybelline Color Tattoo really helped to give her eyes the patriotic white color. Not only is this look perfect for her school, it could also be used for any of the patriotic holidays. Only a month until July 4th people!

And finally me! Instead of doing the school I just graduated from, I did the colors of the University of Vermont, the school that I will be attending in the fall. This is probably the most wearable look of all of them because they colors are much more neutral.

Now I have a challenge for you guys. Send me a picture of your eyes done up in your school colors. I don't care if you are graduated or just starting out, I want to see! Give me your information and I will do a post with all the looks I collect! My email is themakeupexplorer@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment