Monday, May 21, 2012

Tarte Lip Surgence Review

Fiery Left, Joy Right

Fiery Left, Joy Right

Fiery Left, Joy Right
Wow I've been a little lip product crazed lately. Lip products are my absolute favorite products so sometimes I can get a little carried away!

Anyways, this is a review on the Tarte Lip Surgences that I own. Funny story, I didn't purchase either of these. No no no, I didn't rip off a store (no one sells Tarte within 100 miles of where I live) but for the price, $24, I'm certainly glad I didn't pay for them!

Fiery, the red color, I received as part of a Sephora 500 point perk. I loved everything else, but I was especially delighted with the red. The red is long lasting and cool toned so it looks good with my skin tone. I wore it to a CD release and received lots of compliments on it.

The coral-y/orange-y color, Joy, I received in a Birchbox. Birchbox has this funny habit of doing that. Just when I'm so fed up with Birchbox sending me the most unappealing products, they send me a box with something amazing. Joy is amazing. While it looks pretty orange, it comes off a coral on my lips. I am in love with the color it gives me. It is creamy and shiny. It doesn't last as long as matte Fiery, but I don't mind reapplying lip color.

I love the packaging of these lipstick pencils. They are like the Clinique Chubby sticks. They twist up so you don't have to worry about sharpening! The pencil format allows for precise application. I also love the smell of these lipsticks. They are very minty, but not overpoweringly so.

Would I spend $24 on these? Only if I was looking to treat myself. I see $24 as an investment. I want a product that will really last for $24 and I prefer a traditional lipstick for that. However, I would buy these in kits and such. I really do enjoy them. The bottom line is, they are good products just a little pricey for me.

Please leave questions and comments and subscribe!

2 comments: