Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Clinique GWP

07 Super Strawberry
From Left to Right: Chocolate Chip, Stone Violet, Single Shade From Pink Chocolate Quad, and Single Shade From Blushing Nude Trio
From Left to Right: Chocolate Chip, Stone Violet, Single Shade From Pink Chocolate Quad, and Single Shade from Blushing Nude Trio.
Anyone who knows me knows that I can't resist a gift with purchase. They also know that Clinique isn't my favorite brand of beauty products. Clinique and I definitely have a love-hate relationship. I hate their eyeshadows but I love their all over face color. I hate their foundation (because the lightest shade makes me look like I have a bad spray tan) but I love their lip products. So you can see how difficult it was for me to decide whether or not to purchase something in order to get this. I eventually did and I'm of mixed minds about it.

So first of all, the bags. Clinique doesn't skimp on these. Clinique always gives gorgeous, well made bags with their GWPs (unlike other brands, *cough* Lancome). I've been using the bigger bag ever since I got it as a travel make-up bag and I love it (I sleep at my dad's house once a week). The bag is something that they would charge you $25 for at a fancy boutique so I really think it's worth it. They even give you a mini bag that could be used as a coin purse or even a cell-phone holder. I have bags from Clinique GWPs past and I love them all. 1 point to Clinique.

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Not my HG moisturizer but I do like it. The only problem is that Clinique gives it away with everything. If you walk near a Clinique counter, odds are that you'll end up with a sample size of this moisturizer. You won't see me complaining though, I love the stuff. I only wish they would give away something else for a change. 1/2 point to Clinique.

7 Day Scrub. I enjoy this scrub but if I used it every day, I'd have no skin left. It's pretty abrasive but is great if you exfoliate once or twice a week. This is another thing that Clinique includes in every GWP. I think I have enough to equal a full size of this and I will never need to buy it. Again, I wish they would give away something else. 1/2 point to Clinique.

The Mascara. I can't wear the standard Clinique GWP mascara. It makes my eyes hurt. It does this for my sister too and actually gave her a sty. I don't know what it is about the Clinique mascara that is so awful for us but I just can't use it. 0 points to Clinique.

The eyeshadow quad. I don't like Clinique eyeshadows. I think they aren't pigmented enough and sometimes you can't even see the matte eyeshadows. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this quad. Although it is by no means the quality I would expect of Urban Decay or MAC (and others) it isn't half bad. It gives a cute natural daytime look. I would never ever purchase it, but as a bonus in a GWP it's pretty good. Also, the applicator is useless. I thought to myself, "Oh wow they put a brush on this!" but it's the worst brush ever. Just throw it out. 1 point to Clinique.

Finally the Chubby Stick. I don't know why but I thought the Chubby Stick would be full sized. Unfortunately it's not. However you do get a good amount of product and I love it. I have another Chubby Stick in Mega Melon and I am in love with it. The fact that I could get another Chubby Stick in this GWP was one of the main factors in my decision to get the GWP in the first place. The color is great, it smells great, and it has the perfect effect on my lips. I will definitely be purchasing more Chubby Sticks in the future. 1 point to Clinique.

So all in all this GWP got 4/6 points in my opinion. It was almost worth it just to get the bags. Will I get the next GWP? Probably, unless it just has things I already have in it or hate. I'll just buy more Chubby Sticks!

Please leave questions and comments and subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment