Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rosebud Salve Review and Comparison



I love this product. I put this on my lips every night before I go to bed and my lips thank me every morning when I wake up. I originally owned the C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve but I wanted to try Smith's Rosebud Salve because I knew that it was the original. I love both products but I have noticed some differences between them.

The first is the scent. The Rosebud Salve smells just like roses while the C.O. Bigelow Salve smells a little sweeter and more chocolate-y. There is also a difference in color although that doesn't matter.

The major difference that I have noticed is the staying power of the product. When I used to apply the C.O. Bigelow Salve before bed, I would still be able to feel it on my lips when I woke up. This is not the case with the Rosebud Salve. I'm not really sure which one is better in that case. I like that the moisture is absorbed into my lips with the Rosebud Salve but there is something about the product still being on my lips in the morning that makes me feel as if the C.O. Bigelow Salve is doing more for my lips.

In terms of my lips I really feel that both have done a great job keeping my lips in good condition. I think the products are comparable so I would recommend either of them. My one complaint is that my C.O. Bigelow Salve is very difficult to open and always has been.

Please leave questions and comments and subscribe! When I hit 50 subscribers I will host a giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely obsessed with the Smith's. I have 6 tins around my house and the squeeze tube in my purse. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the Smith's salve for a while now, but just bought a C.O. Bigelow from Bath & Body. I'm definitely liking the Bigelow a lot better so far. My lips just feel a lot smoother, and, like you, I like that I can still feel some on my lips in the morning. It's funny, though, because I feel like the Smith's is way harder to open. It's been a couple years since you wrote this post, so maybe they've heard peoples' complaints and improved the packaging??

    ReplyDelete