Friday, January 13, 2012

Revlon Lip Butters

(From Left) Tutti Frutti, Candy Apple, Cherry Tart, Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart, Lollipop, Raspberry Pie,  Pink Truffle, Peach Parfait

(From Left) Tutti Frutti, Candy Apple, Cherry Tart, Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart, Lollipop, Raspberry Pie,  Pink Truffle, Peach Parfait
Tutti Frutti, Candy Apple, and Cherry Tart

Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart, and Lollipop

Raspberry Pie,  Pink Truffle, and Peach Parfait
What can I say about Revlon Lip Butters that hasn't been said already? I love these things! They are the perfect balm/lipstick middle ground. They are especially great for winter when lips can get very very dry!

First let me tell about my struggle to find them. I had been watching youtube videos raving about these little gems for a while and I decided that I wanted some. Unfortunately I was unable to find anywhere reputable online that sold them. In my frustration I started checking drugstores. It got to the point where I was driving all over the place looking for them. After I checked 6 different drugstores (no lie) I gave up on my quest. Some time later I was in Target in New York (there is no Target in my state). I figured I would check out the beauty section to see if they had any good stuff. I was looking for brush cleanser. I was browsing when I turned around and there they were. There were hardly any colors left so I bought one at the time. My sister bought me three there for Christmas. After that, I knew I had to have more. I finally found some at my local Bed, Bath and Beyond. The selection there is pretty much depleted now but I got a lot of the good colors.

I definitely have some favorites off the bat. Pink Truffle is my hands down favorite color. It is the perfect my lips but better shade. Some of the other colors that I have are a little crazy for everyday use but Pink Truffle is amazing. Aside from my original color, Strawberry Shortcake, Pink Truffle is my most used color.

Candy Apple is another one of my favorites. My sisters and I are a little obsessed with red lips. Red lips are oh so difficult to pull off and it is sometimes frustrating. Not any more! Candy Apple is the perfect sheer but buildable red color. I can go out with just eyeliner and Candy Apple and it looks great. I love the wearability of this color!

Cherry Tart was a pleasant surprise. I thought it was going to be a darker/deeper read than Candy Apple but it ended up being a gorgeous purply-red sheer color. It doesn't look too intense on me and I really like it.

I'm not going to talk about every color because I have 9 and so many other people have reviewed them that it doesn't seem necessary. My least favorite is Peach Parfait but that is only because it has glitter in it and it is a little less buttery. Otherwise I really love all of them. Hopefully I will be able to collect more. I have been told that they are permanent items (if only our local drugstore would get them in stock, it's a 30 minute drive for me to get them)!

What colors have you guys tried? What do you think about them? Please leave questions and comments and subscribe! When I hit 50 subscriptions I will host a giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment