Friday, May 25, 2012

Urban Decay Urban Glow Highlighters



Moonshine and Wicked

Moonshine and Wicked
I think I've mentioned this before, but to anyone new here: I'm obsessed with highlights.

This started when I bought my Smashbox Fusion Softlights in Baked Stardust. I bought it on a whim because it was on sale and frankly I was going a little shop happy. I had no idea what to do with it, so naturally I went to my good old friend YouTube for some advice. Then I started swirling it around with my brush and brushing it on my cheekbones, my temple, the bridge of my nose, and sometimes my chin. It gave me the most beautiful sheen I have ever experienced. I'm speaking of it in the past tense because as I used it every single day, I hit pan on it pretty quickly. I wore it down further and further until one day while transporting it from my mother's house to my father's house, half of it crumbled. Since then I had kept it with my bronzers and highlighters occasionally trying to use it. Very recently my youngest sister, Maddy, was bored and made me throw out old or broken make-up. Sadly, that was one of them. I don't want to pay full price for it, something along the lines of $28, but I can't seem to find anything to replace it as of yet.

ANYWAY, I've ventured into cream highlights. These were and I think Wicked still is $6 in Urban Decay's sale section, so I had to get them. The only complaint I have is about Moonshine.

As you can see from my pictures of the products in the pan, Moonshine looks very white and Wicked is a little pinkish. However, in the swatch picture, Moonshine comes off as being quite a bit pinker than Wicked. Why? Because although Moonshine is white, it has an incredibly pink duo-chrome. While in the pan it doesn't really appear, it's very vibrant on the skin. So naturally, if I'm putting highlight in various places on my face, Moonshine is going to look a little funky say on my nose. I am much more likely to put it over my blush, but that doesn't really give me the look I'm going for: subtle glow.

Wicked is much more neutral when it comes to applying it all over the face. I have been using it much more than Moonshine. It is a very natural color.

So I think I prefer powder highlights to cream, but these are good products and if you are interested you should pick some up while they are still this cheap. These are easily blendable and wear a long time.

Let me know what you think! Please comment and subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment