Friday, October 14, 2011

October Birchbox




 This is what I received in my October Birchbox. The theme of this Birchbox was "Prep & Prime." I was so so on this Birchbox. There wasn't any product that I would go out and purchase. So let's get down to the review.

Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-in Conditioner. I really like this. The second I put it on my damp hair, I knew it was a good product. My only complaint is that it is for curly hair and I have straight hair. Sometimes my hair has a mind of its own and some parts of it will try to curl and this product only helped it. I had little wispy curls ringing my face while the rest of my hair was pin straight. That being said, if Ouidad makes a Leave-in Conditioner for straight hair I will purchase it. I'm even considering buying their shampoo and conditioner to give that a try (if I ever break up with Paul Mitchell that is). I have to say that this is probably my favorite product that came in this month's Birchbox.

Laura Geller Spackle Primer in Bronze. I read that a lot of people love this primer but I just don't get it. It did nothing for me. I saw no illuminating bronzy glow on my skin after using it like the product suggested there would be. It also did nothing to hold my foundation on. I don't know if I was using it incorrectly or something but I just didn't think this product was worth all the fanfare.

Juno Transformative Lipid Serum. I would absolutely never ever purchase this. First of all, I'm 21. I have no fine lines or wrinkles and I really don't see the point of using a serum at my age. I used it a couple times on my face just to give it a fair try but I really don't see the big deal. It made my skin soft but I can do that with moisturizer. The main reason I would never purchase this, however, is because it costs $125. Seriously? I'm even disappointed in Birchbox for sending me such an expensive thing. Sure it's great to try out all sorts of things but I'm really not going to go out and drop $125 on an expensive serum. I'd rather buy 3 Urban Decay palettes. I will have to look through my beauty survey on the Birchbox site to see what I entered to deserve this. I was really disappointed that I didn't get the adorable Anastasia lip gloss that other people got. Oh well.

Ahava Mineral Hand Cream. I like this hand cream but not enough to purchase it. This is in part due to the smell. Sometimes I'd rather things just not have a scent at all because they are just too overwhelming and gross. This is the case with this hand cream. I did like what it does for my hands, but the scent gives me a headache instantaneously.

Ahava Dermud Foot Cream. I might purchase this product if the price is right. My feet are disgusting. They are dry as a bone and my heals are cracked. One of the people I follow on Youtube (TotalMakeupJunkie101) suggested Vaseline on the foot with a sock over it overnight to solve this problem. That's a great solution but this foot cream is even better. I could see a difference the next morning after I used it. I wish I had gotten a larger sample of this but I think this was my treat for the month so I understand why I didn't.

Well that's all I received. I was a little disappointed but what can you do? I don't feel as if I have gotten any truly fantastic products in the Birchboxes I have received so far but then again this was only my second month. Hopefully next month will knock my socks off!

Do you get a Birchbox? Please leave comments about what you received, or any questions and subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment