Thursday, October 6, 2011

Benetint and Posietint Review

I had to try something from Benefit because Benefit was one of the brands I've never even touched before, and I felt like these two were n high regard so I tried these! These are in the mini-size which you can get in a 3-pack (with high beam) for $15 on Sephora, or you can be crafty like me and get the two for 8 on ebay.

Benetint and Posietint are billed as lip and cheek stains and let me tell you, when they say stain they mean stain. If you put these on, they aren't going to budge without a proper makeup remover (which is why I love them!).

So we will start with Benetint. I don't know if any of you have Duwop's Twilight Lip Venom but I would say Benetint is formulated like that. When applying it to the cheeks it works like a charm although you need to blend and you need to blend fast to give yourself the perfect hue. Benetint smells like roses and leaves you with the perfect blush all day! What more could you want? Well if you insist on using it to stain your lips as well, that's where it gets tricky. You can't just brush it on like you would with a gloss. The formula is sort of oily and I've found that it only really sticks to certain parts of my lips (Twilight Lip Venom does the same). You really have to get in there with your finger and work to blend in the color evenly, and if you want a darker color you need to layer it. If you ask me, stains that are formulated specifically for the lips (like MAC long wear lip color) work much more effectively for lip color and I prefer to use Benetint as a cheek color.

Now on to Posietint. Posietint does not smell like roses, in fact it is not scented (it has a natural chemical smell). Posietint also has a different formulation. It is less oily than Benetint and feels more like a lip gloss would. I love Posietint! I think I like it even more than Benetint because of the color. Although the color isn't perfect for lips as it is very light, I think this gives the prettiest flush to cheeks. I also like it it in small doses on the lips. I find it easier to blend than Benetint and it is a lot more forgiving if you make mistakes.

I'm not sure if I would ever buy the full sizes of these products since so much comes in the minis but I love them!

Leave Questions and Comments and please Subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment