Saturday, September 10, 2011

Covergirl Eyeshadow Singles





Apparently the names of these eyeshadows are on the little piece of tape that you have to rip off to open the packaging after you purchase them, I did not know this, they are gone. Anyways, these little single eyeshadows are amazing if you are on a tight budget. I was bored at work (I work in a grocery store pharmacy while attending college) and decided to look at the CoverGirl single eyeshadows. I needed a white with no sparkle to use as a highlight and when I saw the other two colors it was love at first sight.

The brown color has a gorgeous shimmer and can be used to make a really nice natural look. It would probably make a good bronzer too. The pigmentation of the eyeshadow is really good too, almost as pigmented as an Urban Decay or Stila product. I love shimmery browns because they really accentuate the eyes (Naked palette anyone?). 

The white color is the perfect highlight. It's not shimmery and it doesn't have a lot of glitter (I've been having a problem with glitter fallout lately) which is a profound relief. I've used it pretty much every day since I got it and I have loved the results. All beauty gurus suggest having a plain white single in your beauty kit and now I know why!

The silver color is probably my favorite. I love the shimmer that it has and I think it is the perfect crease color. This is a color that could easily dress up a more plain shade. It is very versatile, it could be worn in a night look or in a day look. 

Before going to my first day of class, I used the three of these colors to make a nice every day look. I used the brown on the lid, the silver in the crease, and the white as a highlight. I blended thoroughly and it worked really well! I would suggest everybody at least have a white single in their kit and buy CoverGirl single eyeshadows!!!

Please leave questions, comments, and subscribe!

2 comments:

  1. How not-shimmery would you say the white is? I need a good highlighter too, and the one I've been using is pretty shimmery...everytime I wear it I end up looking like a glitter ball exploded on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is definitely glitter but it isn't the type where it would fall all over your face, it's more subtle. I hate it when there is glitter everywhere! Urban Decay does that to me all the time. People actually ask me if I intended to have glitter all over my cheekbones!

    ReplyDelete