Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ecotools by Alicia Silverstone 4 Piece Backstage Vanity Set Review

You can see the wipes I use for my face, more brushes, storage and some posters in the background... oops!
These brushes are really neat and they come in an adorable holder that is perfect for my shorter brushes! Ecotools is simply the best if you have a limited budget for brushes (like I do) and can't afford MAC brushes. This set was about $12.99 which was great because a stippling brush like that starts at $30 in high end brands. So lets review the brushes...

1. The Stippling Brush: I love this brush. It has white fibers that extend past the brown fibers on the brush to give a perfect airbrushed finish. I love the way the bristles feel on my face and this brush works perfectly with my MAC mineralize skinfinish. I originally wanted a stippling brush because this is the type of brush they use at MAC when they do make-up on people. Of course, their stippling brush is probably 10 times more expensive so this was an amazing find!

2. The Angled Eyeshadow Brush: This brush is great for highlighting and the crease. I know people like to use pointed brushes that look like paintbrushes to put shadow in the crease, but I like to use an angled eyeshadow brush for the crease because I feel like it fits my crease my well. This brush is very high quality and I love to use it!

3. The Eyebrow/Lash Comb: I hardly use this brush. The one pictured is actually one that I got in another EcoTools set because I gave the one that came in this set away (they looked exactly the same). I've used it a couple times to separate my lashes, but other than that I have no use for it. I have almost invisible eyebrows so I don't do anything with them, no plucking, nothing.

All in all I would definitely suggest buying this kit. Even though I had no use for the Eyebrow/Lash Comb, I think it was definitely worth the $12.99 for the stippling brush, let alone the angled eyeshadow brush and the beautiful holder.

Please leave comments and subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment