Sunday, September 11, 2011

Purple eye tutorial

Photo taken by Liz Powell.


I have to give credits to my sister for a. being my model and b. taking pictures of all my items to review this afternoon (I took the pictures of her).

This is a tutorial for a purple eye I did on myself the other day that I was complimented on a lot. I thought I would do it on my sister and post it for everybody to see.

The first picture is of the materials I used, the second two are of the finished result.

Materials:
Gel Eyeliner (or pencil if you prefer, I used Mac fluid line in Blitz and Glitz)
Dark Purple shadow (I used Urban Decay's Flash)
Light Purple shadow (I used Urban Decay's Grifter)
Medium Purple Shadow (I used MAC's Trax)
Highlight (if you have one handy)
Primer
Angled Eyeliner brush
Fluffy brush for Crease
Lid Brush

Step 1. Prime the eye. I always use primer, I never skip it. I'm completely rigid about this.
Step 2. Use a highlight on the browbone and inner corners of both eyes.
Step 3. Use the light purple shadow on the lid. I also used MAC's big bounce eyeshadow in Good Fortune on top of the light purple to make the glitter stick more and give it a purple effect. This is not necessary but I love to use the big bounce eyeshadow because it's so cool.
Step 4. Use the medium purple shadow on the crease.
Step 5. Apply a thick line with the dark purple shadow to the top lid. Don't really blend this.
Step 6. Apply a bit of liner to the bottom outer third of the eye.

Voila! Please leave Questions and Comments and subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment