Saturday, March 17, 2012

Buxom Mix and Mingle Set

 

From left: Sydney, Sasha, Monaco, April, Tokyo, Starr, Miami, and Naomi.

From left: Sydney, Monaco, Tokyo, Miami, Sasha, April, Starr, and Naomi.

So I'm trying the Blogsy app for my iPad. Blogger plus didn't work for me because I store all of my pictures on Google Picasa and Blogger Plus didn't support that. The reason I keep trying to post from my iPad is really just one of convenience. I use my iPad much more than my computer, plus if I start doing videos this app supports YouTube integration as well. So far this is good except I can't caption my pictures.

Anyways, on to the review! I mentioned this set awhile ago in my post about what I received for Christmas. Unfortunately I was being lazy then and haven't gotten around to reviewing it until now. I promise I won't keep doing this in the future. I realize now how annoying it is when someone posts about something that is no longer available to sell. I thought I would review it anyway, though, because I know some of these are available in full size on their own. Right now I am working on a back log of products I have to review. In the future I will be reviewing products within a week of purchase.

Anyways... Buxom (a Bare Escentuals brand) makes AMAZING products! (Check out their mascara wand, it's insane!) My favorite though are the Big and Healthy Lip Polishes. They smell amazing like caramel or something, they aren't sticky, they plump your lips, and they have great colors! If you don't like lip plumper than these might not be for you but give them a try and see!

My first experience with the lip gloss was from a $10 mini Bare Escentuals kit last year. It was a tiny version of Dolly and I wore it a ton. (I still have some left though) Then I went out and bought a full size in Bunny, a very light pink. I was shocked at how large the tube was. My only other high end lipgloss purchase before that had been MAC and their tubes are pretty small (especially for the price). I then bought one in Roxanne which is a full color one and it comes with a brush instead of a doe foot which all of the others come in. I only really purchased Roxanne because, well, that's my name and you never see it anywhere (except that god awful song). Then, for my birthday my best friend Becca gave me a set of one of the lip glosses and the Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Stick (the pencils in this kit are that), and I fell in love with that! So I was thrilled when she gave me this kit for Christmas which has four of each in it!

The products in these kits are not full size. There is a ton of product in them though. Buxom could probably get away with selling them at full price instead of the huge ones. One medium sized lips gloss like the ones in this kit (I say medium because the Dolly I have is ultra tiny) is probably the same size if not larger than a MAC lip glaze. They are also a great value. I'm not sure how much this one cost but I have seen ones with just one lipstick and lip gloss for around $14 which is the exact cost of a MAC lip glaze.

When I saw the products in this kit I loved them instantly. There is a good and wearable range of lipsticks, and the glosses are so beautiful! They are much more sparkly than the other ones that I own, each gloss has multicolored micro glitter in it which makes it that much more beautiful!

First of all the lipsticks. Sydney is a very pale slightly pink nude. Of all the colors I was most afraid to try out this color but it is actually very pretty looking. It's the perfect neutral color. Next up is Monaco. Monaco is a pretty rose color and is very flattering. Tokyo is the darkest color in the kit. It is a red-berry color that would be best worn at night time. The last lipstick, Miami, is bright pink. This is actually probably the least wearable color in the kit, and yet it is still very easy to pull off.

Now on to the Lip Glosses. First up we have Sasha, a gorgeous sheer nude with gold micro glitter. Each gloss goes with one of the lipsticks (I paired them together in my first picture) and this one goes well with Sydney. April is a light pink with silver and pink micro glitter. This one doesn't exactly match the color that I paired it with, Monaco, but they do look nice together, it's very sheer as well. Starr is a sheer plum color with gold and blue micro glitter. The glitter in this gloss is the prettiest to look at of all the glosses. Finally Naomi is the most opaque of all the glosses. It is a super bright pink with pink and orange micro glitter.

Check out Buxom's products and let me know what you think! Please leave questions and comments and don't forget to subscribe!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is one of your best and most comprehensive reviews to date. It was great to see how you came by this brand and your experience with acquiring the products. Your review, of course, was very through too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I will add more about how I came by brands and such in the future!

    ReplyDelete